Favorite Family Activities in Myrtle Beach
Myrtle Beach is one of the best places for a family vacation because there are unlimited opportunities for fun! So many, in fact, that it can be tough to narrow them down. That’s why we’ve created this list of Favorite Family Activities in Myrtle Beach that are sure to satisfy every member in your clan. Enjoy your visit!
- Breakfast at Blueberry’s Grill – We guarantee you won’t leave Blueberry’s Grill hungry and you’ll probably count it as one of the best breakfast restaurants you’ve ever had to pleasure to eat at. Try their Chicken & Waffles with Sugar Pears or their French Beignets. Their creative omelets – like their Melting Pot omelet with smoked salmon, brie cheese and caramelized onions – and egg benedicts – such as their Country Benedict with fried green tomatoes and Applewood smoked bacon – also deserve a shout out.
- Banana Boat Rides – When visiting during the summer months, consider taking a wet and wild banana boat ride. Families with smaller kids can take it easy with a slower ride through Murrells Inlet. Those with teenagers looking for more of a thrill can ride the ocean waves at top speed!
- Eat, Play, Shop, Repeat – At Broadway at the Beach, families love the upbeat ambiance at Jimmy Buffet’s Margaritaville. Then head on over to Hollywood Wax Museum Entertainment Center for three fun attractions (Hollywood Wax Museum, Outbreak – Dread the Undead and Hannah’s Maze of Mirrors) for one ticket price (hint: get the All Access Pass). Finally, while you’re in the Hollywood mind frame, head on over to Hollywood Heroes & Villains for a little shopping. You’ll find fun items for everyone in your family!
- Reach for the Sky – You’ve been busy, so how about a relaxing ride with amazing views of the ocean and city lights? The Myrtle Beach SkyWheel is the ticket. Whether you visit in the summer, spring, winter or fall, you’ll be perfectly comfortable because their gondolas are climate controlled. And since six people fit comfortably, it’s something the whole family can enjoy together.
- The Ultimate Gift Shop – While you’re near the SkyWheel, walk over and check out the Gay Dolphin gift shop. We’re not joking when we say, if you want it, they’ve got it! We don’t know for a fact that its the largest gift shop in the world, but after roaming through the 26,000 square feet with an average of 70,000 items, it’s hard to imagine any other being larger. Your family will get a kick out of this legendary store.
- Dinner… – The Ultimate California Pizza Game Zone offers a great experience for families. Order one of their gourmet pizzas, and while you wait for it to cook, the kids (and kids at heart) can play some of the restaurant’s high-energy, interactive games while you watch your favorite team play on one of over 30 flat-screen TVs.
- …And a Show – Get ready to roll on the floor laughing. Hypno Jimbo’s comedy hypnosis stage show is one of the most hilarious experiences in Myrtle Beach. The show is considered family friendly, allowing guests 13 and older to attend. For families with younger kids, try the Motor City Musical – A Tribute to Motown. You can sing along and get up and dance too!
You’re in for a good time when you visit Myrtle Beach, so get packing and get ready for tons of fun. Want more ideas? Check out this handy tool to plan your visit.