Travel Essentials: Packing for Pigeon Forge Vacations
When packing for Pigeon Forge, one thing is for sure – seasons matter! To get your vacation off on the right foot, we’ve created this handy-dandy “Packing for Pigeon Forge” checklist. We recommend scanning each of the categories, since for some, summer items still may make sense in the winter, and vice versa.
- Sunglasses and sunblock – regardless of the season, you’re going to want to get outside. It’s gorgeous up here!
- Good walking shoes – Hiking in the Smoky Mountains is heavenly, but not if you don’t have sturdy shoes with arch support and slip-resistant soles.
- Healthy snacks – Whether skiing or hiking, you won’t want to do it with hunger pains.
- Backpack – to carry all your on-the-go needs.
Summers are gorgeous in the Smokies with highs typically in the 80s and lows in the 60s!
- Swimsuit – Of course this may apply anytime of the year, particularly if you have access to a hot tub or indoor pool.
- Water bottle
- Summer gear – hiking poles, water shoes, pool toys.
- Summer clothes – shorts, tank tops, t-shirts, sandals.
- Beach Towels
Average highs in the winter are in the 50s and lows average in the high 20s. Yes, it’s chilly, but it’s still a great time to visit. The blanket of snow creates a beauty of its own and allows for seasonal activities such as skiing and snowboarding. And, there’s plenty of indoor activities when you need a break from the outdoors, such as Hollywood Wax Museum Entertainment Center! Don’t forget to pack the following:
- Gloves or Mittens
- Warm hat, scarf, ear protection
- Water resistant footwear
- Warm outerwear
- Layered clothing
- Snow Toys (if you’re driving) – sleds, ski equipment.
Any packing list wouldn’t be complete without the basics:
- Under garments
- Toiletries, including hair tools and products
- Outfits for your itinerary – Pigeon Forge is a pretty casual town, but if you plan to take in a more upscale dinner, perhaps you’ll want a dressier outfit. Conversely, if you plan to spend your days running through attractions, pack those cross trainers!
- Medicine and first-aid needs
- Cell phone & charger
How else can we help you prepare for your trip? If you’re looking for accommodations, check out our blog about Cabins in Pigeon Forge, or if you’re coming with a larger group, check out our Tips for Groups at Hollywood Wax Museum and our awesome Discount Rates! We look forward to your visit!