Top Five Spooky Fun Things to Do – Best of Pigeon Forge
It’s October, and you know what that means! Everybody gets in the mood for a good scare! Whether you’re up for a haunted mansion or a fact-based ghost tour, Pigeon Forge and its nearby communities have lots of creepy options! Here’s our selection for this year’s Best Spooky Fun Activities in (and around) Pigeon Forge.
- Mysterious Mansion – Currently, the Mysterious Mansion is featuring its most epic Halloween experience ever with “Wonderland Unhinged.” It’s a new take on Alice in Wonderland where The White Queen no longer lives and the Queen of Hearts has unleashed a dark, heinous veil over Wonderland. Join the madness, or lose your head!
- Trapped Escape Game – Escape rooms are all the rage right now, and when you add in the spooky themes featured at Trapped Escape Game, they’re even better! Try their Haunted Cabin where the dishonorable moonshiner known as Old Man Ramsey disappeared. Rumor has it his entire fortune remains in his cabin, so keep your eyes open! But beware because Ramsey’s ghost appears to be searching for the fortune as well! Or, brave the Asylum where unethical doctors used patients for human experimentation and are motivated to keep nosey visitors at bay.
- Ghost Walk of Gatlinburg – Ready to discover the haunted hotels of Gatlinburg and explore the 1830’s cemetery where paranormal activity has been reported? Take the walking tour through the shadowy streets and alleys of Gatlinburg and hear the town’s scary secrets.
- Outbreak – Dread the Undead – Walk (quickly!) through the Chemacorp bio-laboratory because the undead are swarming. The scientists at this former medical compound were hoping to turn soldiers into ultimate fighting machines, but the effects of their experimental DNA-altering Alpha Strain backfired and turned the soldiers into horrifying zombies. Add Outbreak to your seasonal haunts, or enjoy the live scares that make this attraction fun all year long! Get an All Access Pass and access four great attractions for one ticket price – you’ll also be able to come face to face with famous horror villains in the Hollywood Wax Museum.
- Kyker Farms Corn Maze and Zombie Blasters – Ride through Kyker’s Dead Woods armed with a high-powered paintball gun. Beware, because ghouls are lurking and will be stalking their prey.
Pigeon Forge also has lots of fun October/Halloween activities for the kids like Halloween at the Island, complete with a costume parade and a haunted circus caravan. Or, head to Dollywood’s Harvest Festival for festive treats, glow-in-the-dark face painting and master craftsmen pumpkin carving demonstrations.
With all the fun activities, plus the gorgeous Fall colors, there’s no better time than October to visit Pigeon Forge. We look forward to seeing you!